What Racquets and String Do Top Tennis Pros Use?
As we gear up for the semifinal and final matches of the 2022 Australian Open, let’s take a look at what gear these top competitors are relying on to bring them to victory.
On the men’s side, we still have four outstanding players left standing:
- Ashleigh Barty has no problem generating her own power, so she plays with the more control-oriented HEAD Gravity. She typically strings it with a combination of HEAD Hawk Touch and natural gut.
- Danielle Collins, on the other hand, likes a powerful and spin-friendly racquet, so she uses the Babolat Pure Aero. To generate even more spin, she strings her racquet with Luxilon ALU Power.
- Tennis icon Rafael Nadal uses his namesake Babolat Pure Aero Rafa. This colorful version of the Pure Aero gives Rafa speed and explosive power from the baseline, especially when combined with his string of choice, Babolat RPM Blast.
- Daniil Medvedev generates faster ball speed and shot depth with the Tecnifibre TFight. Combined with Tecnifibre Razor Code string, this setup gives him the control he needs to win long ralleys.
- Stefanos Tsitsipas also loves a racquet with great control, which is why he uses the Wilson Blade. Strung with control-oriented Luxilon 4G, Stefanos can strike aggressively and look for opportunities to move in.
- Matteo Berrettini's racquet of choice, the HEAD Extreme, matches his physique: big and powerful. Stringing his Extreme with Signum Pro Firestorm (similar to HEAD Lynx Edge) is all he needs to ace opponents and crush balls from the baseline.
You can shop these products at GSM online
or get our full selection in-store at any Game-Set-Match, Inc. location: Centennial